I have always loved the work of Emma Thompson, especially her work in the Shakespeare films she has been in. I read an interview with her and saw that her philosophy about acting is very similar to my own. So here for your use is some advice from an amazing actress.
- Don’t strive for the award. Just do your best and enjoy what you do.
- The theater is the best place to learn your craft.
- Sing. Take voice lessons. Work on your voice. Acting is all about the voice.
- Observe people. You never know when you might have to play a character who could be inspired by someone you’ve met.
- Don’t give up. Any actor has to experience rejection. Just keep going to auditions.
The Actors Sensei
Acting Coach, Public Speaking Consultant