So let us say you are working on a show, or have decided to take an Improv class, or at a regular theater class you are doing some Improv games. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Stay Open To The Work- Take the suggestion or offers given by another player and run with it. Don't cut the energy off, instead use it and pass it on. If a person pretends to splash water on you, act like you got splashed and try to add more to the scene to see where it will go.
- Don't Take All the Stage- It is working on Improv scenes, let others have their moments to shine, don't always hog the spotlight. Support and help!
- Be Outrageously Bad- Take risks, this is playtime, be bold and crazy as you can be. You are putting yourself out there, embrace the jump!
- Get Physical- This is about using your whole body. you are not confined to a character, so play with being bigger and broader than you usually are.
- Practice- Improv is a ton of unplanned fun, and spontaneous. That said, the more you do it, the easier it will become for you to do.